A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Sunday 9 September 2012

Dy Saveth vows to keep working


Give our kids a better deal
Dy Saveth
 
PHNOM PENH, 8 September 2012 (Cambodia Herald) - Veteran actress Dy Saveth has vowed to keep working until she can no longer walk.

Having performed in more than 100 movies, the 68-year-old actress says the arts should be used to serve people’s feelings.

"As I'm an entertainer, I agree to perform whenever they want me," she says. "I'll stop when I can no longer walk but perhaps I can give them some advice.

"Since I was 30, I started thinking that art is good for educating people and I have always thought that art is good for a nation as well."


Dy Saveth, the country's first Miss Cambodia, says the younger generation of entertainers needs to work hard to succeed.

"First, we entertainers have to struggle for our future. Second, since we are well-known Khmer people of good moral and cultural standing, we should not forget the past or start looking down on our friends when we become famous.

"We should continue our lives of success until we die."

Dy Saveth left Cambodia in 1979 and returned in 1993 to resume her acting career. She opened the MSL Art Club in 1997 and began training hundreds of acting students, some of whom are now stars.

The actress has also worked for the Department of Cinema and Culture at the Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts.

No comments: