A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Cambodian soldiers: Brave, high-spirited, but lack the weapons to fight

Anonymous said...

This guy just wants to attack Hun Sen and his CPP, and he will do anything, include posting a long and dull comments.

No one asks him to give money to Hun Sen and CPP. If he really cares about the troops, he can give the money directly to the troops at the border. Instead, this guy finds a reason to say "I don't see by donating my hard earn money to our soldiers will help the situation."

21 June 2011 11:08 AM
--------------------
By Mark

11:08 AM, So are you declaring you are a supporter of CPP and Hun Sen? If you are, just say so. I am not going to bash you for being a supporter. But can you enlighten me why you think my point of criticism is wrong? If you cannot point out, I can only assume you are blinded with what is really going on. I am also dumbfounded that all of the articles Khmerization put on here you still cannot see through how the CPP is treating our SOLDIERS. I only want the the best for them.

How do we go about that? Well, let's brain storm a bit. What do they really need right now? I believe the fullest support from our Government. Are they providing it? You can conclude that yourself. Khmerization has articles on here that you can research yourself.

Do they need food and shelter? By the looks of every news organizations. They are lacking severely. Unless you have links or information otherwise, please do share.

Are their families taken cared of while they are gone? I think not. Again, if you have information please share.

On the bright side, our SOLDIERS are very brave and high spirited. They are fighting with much lesser equipment than our counterpart. There are small elements of Khmer Rouge soldiers but at this time I am still very bitter for what they've done to our people. Besides, how many are there and how old are they now to fight?

11:08 AM

"No one asks him to give money to Hun Sen and CPP. If he really cares about the troops, he can give the money directly to the troops at the border. Instead, this guy fines a reason to say "I don't see by donating my hard earn money to our soldiers will help the situation."

Maybe if you were reading this blog from the beginning, you would have known who I made that reference to. I don`t think you understand why I see it that way. Let me explain:
It is the Government`s responsibility to provide them with everything they need. You do not want to privatize the military like the way Hun Sen is currently doing. Find the article on here if you want. The military should solely rest on the Government. If you feel the need to donate then do so. I will not criticize you for doing it. I see it as if you want to fix the problem it starts with the top. If you don`t make the government accountable then this is the problem you see before us. Our people are treated unfairly and our brave soldiers who are risking their lives everyday for what? While the Top Officials are delaying or never paying our soldiers. Instead, they know that the Khmer overseas will sympathize and start donating money so they don`t have to give up any of the corrupted money. If you see that it is o.k, then are you no help to our soldiers but an opportunists.

If people just refrain from attacking one another, then this would have been the proper debate.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

To the idiot that doesn't know better:

The donation scheme is part of rallying the population behind the military. Part of winning the enemy.

You accuse the government of not being responsible for the soldiers in equipping them. Let me ask you one question. Have you been to the front yet? Are you just making your baseless accusation from reading online stuff?

Please answer me that last question and we'll know who is an amateur trying to be a pro.

Anonymous said...

I have seen improvement on the soldiers including clothes they wear and foods etc. We are lack of high tech weapons and Fighter jets. Let hope China, Russia and possibly USA can provide it. I am not sure about USA because their policies is very strict. However, USA got the best weapon and trainings. This is my oppinion.

Anonymous said...

From what I've understand, it's all started when someone praise Thailand military for having a really freak'n badass firepower compare to Cambodia's and how dare Cambodia defy that. I assumed we passed that stage of augument and now debating about our government not doing enough to help our soldiers. I'm sure most of us here understand the negligence by Cambodian military to properly equip their soldiers. So I'm not going to smear anymore shit that.

When Thailand attempted to retake Preah Vihea in 2008, this was one hell of a rude awakening for Cambodian, Hun Sen, and the Cambodian military. As put forth by other bloggers, there were reasons for this negligence. Prior to the Preah Vihea incident with Thailand, Cambodia wasn't prepared to deal with any external threat. The government slacked off in the national defense. Don't get me wrong, I glad Thailand reminded Hun Sen to wake up and smell the reality. Thailand will be a nation that will always want rough up Cambodia to get more land because Cambodia is an easy target. If Cambodia always stay sharp and focus on those potential external threats, Thailand would think twice about trying to bust Cambodia's balls. And we wouldn't be debating the same bullshit everyday.


Sgt. Houn

USMC

Anonymous said...

Sgt, Houn is right in 2008, but this 2011, there’re a lot improvement since than. However, there’s more need to be done. If all of us can give some of our hard earn money to the troops at the border, that would be better for our troops, and that have nothing to do with the government, CPP, or Hun Sen. If I can do it, you guy can do it.

Mark said...

11:36

I know full well I don't have to answer any of your accusation. Again, all you are doing here is accuse me of this and that. Idiot? So your a tough guy huh? LoL....rolling from laughing so hard. Please, keep this as civil as possible. Your elementary name calling is lacking professionalism. For your information, your not scaring or hurting my feelings. Don't waste your brain on calling me names.

If your calling the online stuff baseless then why are you here reading online stuff? Does not make sense. The word idiot comes to mind. But I wouldn't call you that. You seem smart enough to read and write.

Even if I answer the last question. You'll probably demand proof. Maybe a recorded conversation and thumb print to go along with it. Your not doin anyone justice here with accusations of being this and that. Don't like then don't read it.

Sgt. Houn,
First thank you for your service.

The conversation has always been the military institution. But it seems certain blogger did not read thoroughly enough to understand no one was attacking the soldiers. So they initially claim that we are attacking the soldiers. I never praise Thailand for their superior military power but mention the facts. I never said they were badass. Only stated the facts abou their military. Only that their military are bigger, and better equipped. Am I degrading our soldiers now? Truth hurts. I said," Cambodia will respond accordingly". Never said they shouldn't defy Thai. All this was a response to some study khmerization put up by someone from Canada. Now if you don't agree what I said. No need to start calling me something else. (Khmer rouge mentality)

I do agree with the second paragraph sgt. Houn. It was a rude awakening for Hun Sen. But as a good politician, he used it to his advantage. Now he will drag it along til election maybe beyond. He could have taken the opposition party approach and handle it in a way that might put our troops in less harm. Instead, he want to show that he is tough and will stand up to the bigger Thais while distraction is taken away from the east.

I never claim in the beginning that I am a pro nor an amateur. People need to stop assuming and making things up. Although I find enjoyment poking fun at certain bloggers on here. I would never go as far as calling people names. These are probably the same bloggers that likes to bash everyone on KI and now migrating to khmerization.

Anonymous said...

22 June 2011 6:00 AM

Namecalling is directed toward people that deserve it. If you're not one of them, there is no need to feel its effect.

Answer this simple question:

Have you physically stepped foot anywhere in the vicinity of the frontline?

Mark said...

7:10

Insults are part of everyday life. Nothing new nor anything that is effective. The blogger was directing it at me but I won't stoop to his level.

Now, to your question. Why would you question me that before offering me your answer to your question? I do know and talked through emails with ngo's there who visited the frontline. Now if you want to go as far as saying what the ngo's are saying not true. You should provide information here for everyone to understand. Everything I stated here and my other blog can be vouched by articles posted by khmerization and KI Media. And if you go as far as saying these sites are not telling the truth. I suggest you make a site to counter khmerization and KI Media. So before you
Post another question for me, read every article on khmerization in full.

Have a nice day.
----A sarcastic questions deserve a sarcastic answer---
No offense. Eye for an eye.

---this can go on and on with no help to our troops---

Bloggers that are questioning my integrity should as always look in the mirror first. All this distraction and no help at all to our soldiers. (dividers?) my egos are not bruised nor it is what makes me respond to such questions.

I'm always curious why a Khmer blogger would personally attack another Khmer just because of different point of views. I am a traitor, stupid, koo koo, pro or amateur. Because I am not in-line with your beliefs? Or is it your ego's make you feel you have to attack another blogger? I wonder how you would have a debate In college or have you ever been in college? I shouldn't have mention college because now you will accuse me of insulting lessor people. I can go on and on and will not change your mind. That is not intention. People will start pulling context out and point out what I said and so fourth. In the end I, and no one here have engage in a meaningful discussion about the Cambodian military.

Anonymous said...

There is no need to spill your guts out.

My point Is to weed out what is told and what is first hand experienced. Even first hand experience can't always be taken because of the problem of subjectivity and perception, what is of the story passed on.

It is a recurring theme here. The issue here isn't not to believe what people tell you but to be critical of your information. I read through KI and Khmerization. Khmerization is where people seem to be civil and not so cynical in their expression. However, one issue that I see permeates through the Khmer people overseas that I know is that they believe everything they hear.

e.g. If they are an anti-Hun Sen, they'd listen to Radio Free Asia or Voice of America and take everything in as fact without questioning anything. That's their fault of predetermined mentality. No one is immuned to it but the point is some people are just so one-sided that they unknowingly become ignorant and blind.

What I'm trying to get at is not to make statement from what you only hear about. While sometimes, those statements have validity, usually it is so out of line because of the foul material that its content is derived from.

Mark said...

8:15

I totally understand. But people shouldn't be attacking others for different views. If you have information then spill it. Do people understand debates? Or do thy always try to write threats? If my views are wrong then prove otherwise. I have family members there who I get to talk once in a blue moon. They validate what we read here.

Anonymous said...

The cyberbullying, the cyberbully doesn’t see themselves as a bully at all. They see themselves as righting wrongs, or protecting themselves or others from the “bad guy” they are now victimizing. This includes situations when the victim of cyberbullying or offline bullying retaliates and becomes a cyberbully themselves They may be angry at something the victim did and feel they are taking warranted revenge or teaching the other a lesson. The “Vengeful Angel” cyberbully often gets involved trying to protect a friend who is being bullied or cyberbullied. They generally work alone, but may share their activities and motives with their close friends and others they perceive as being victimized by the person they are cyberbullying.

Vengeful Angels need to know that no one should try and take justice into their own hands. They need to understand that few things are clear enough to understand, and that fighting bullying with more bullying only makes things worse. They need to see themselves as bullies, not the do-gooder they think they are. It also helps to address the reasons they lashed out in the first place. If they sense injustices, maybe there really are injustices. Instead of just blaming the Vengeful Angel, solutions here also require that the situation be reviewed to see what can be done to address the underlying problem. S there a place to report bullying or cyberbullying? Can that be done anonymously? Is there a peer counseling group that handles these matters? What about parents and school administrators. Do they ignore bullying when it occurs, or do they take it seriously? The more methods we can give these kinds of cyberbullies to use official channels to right wrongs, the less often they will try to take justice into their own hands.