A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Monday 18 June 2012

School of Vice’s note to ‘Khmer Girl’



Hi School of Vice,

I admire your work.
Would you please tell us a little bit about yourself and your organisation?
Thank you.

Khmer Girl

Dear Khmer Girl,

My apologies for the late reply to your query. School of Vice is a slow worker [much like an elephant on the move, but it will get there in the end, somehow!].

That said, my sentiment is that you have decided to put me in a tight spot with your question, although it's simple and straightforward by appearance.

I can't blame you for wanting to know something more about me in that regard, and although I am unable, and very regrettably, reluctant, to comply to your request fully and as much as I would really desire to do so as one human being to another, I can at least say that I don't belong to any organisation or party at all, as I had stated a few times previously.

I have also not left much personal details on any of my public links, not due to any need for personal caution on my part but rather more to an incurable sense of shyness before others' opinion-making on a personal level! This may seem a contradiction in terms given much of what I have written for public consumption so far? No matter what one says or does publicly, there is bound to be praise and criticism coming to one in equal measure. It is enough for me to know, however, that whatever effort I have made here or there has been dictated by something far beyond any consideration of personal interest or 'vanity' [as humans we don't always know the true limit and depth of our vanity, and even re-known ascetics have found it next to impossible to cleanse themselves of it!]. Tons and tons of books and existential pontificating have not made the world a better place for everyone to live in; material lives of many around the world may have vastly improved as compared to those of their ancestors in centuries or even decades past, but the age-old tragedy that is our basic human condition remains largely unaltered.


It takes a lot to become a fully realised human being; one who is good to his/her neighbours, family and friends, to be kind to and protective of nature that supports our very existence, and indeed to oneself! That age-old Buddhist insight which likens our individuated existence to ripples in the ocean of life still holds true. By being born into the world each of us helps to keep that ocean rippling and to sustain this cycle of undying cosmic drama. The human form we are born into or inherit is a product of thousands of years' evolution, and some of these bodies will [likely] continue on for thousands of years more. Our vanity, self-centredness and self-obsession, greed etc. all stem from this cultural myopia and fogginess of existence that Albert Einstein attributed to divisiveness and perennial strife among men whom he saw as being part and parcel of the One, and of the same indivisible Essence, just like that metaphorical Ocean. No wonder then that whilst he valued the role and importance of worldly knowledge, he held that ‘Imagination encircles the Globe’. So whether 'you' are young or aged let others judge you by your range of vision and by the maturity of your imagination, not by your biological limitations!

As to your request, I realise I have fallen short of meeting that fully for which I offer my sincerest apologies, especially if it is well-intentioned [which I hope it is]. I'm sure being learned and cultured you would come to understand the predicament School of Vice is in! In fact, in an ideal world he would rather devote himself to self-improvement and learning instead of having to pen a word in public! That's how shy School of Vice is . . .

To dearest KPCS: I’m deeply indebted to you for your timely intervention! I knew you would come to my rescue!!

And to all readers, thank you for putting up with School of Vice - as always - and of course for your gracious liberality.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said....

Anonymous said...

I think he should make the long story shorted and get to the point.

Anonymous said...

Dear School of Vice,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Yes, my question was genuinely sincere.
I understand you should keep your personal profile
off cyber media.
You compose your thoughts, and write beautifully.

By the way, who is that cute boy ?
Was that you, when you were young ?

Once again, I thank you.

Khmer Girl

Anonymous said...

Yuon pretends to be Khmer girl

Anonymous said...

To 5:59 pm,
You have good intuition.
But in this case, I am sorry to tell you, you are wrong.
I was born and raised in Preik Leap, Srok Kandal, Khet Kandal.
Thanks

Khmer Girl

Anonymous said...

lol this one sound good and could be a good love story to hear, if Shool vice and Khmer girl get together.

don't get me wrong I have read many of of your posts and I really like it.

I hope i can write as good as you.

Cheer

Khmer Kid

Anonymous said...

Don't try to outsmart me and don't repete it again honey !
Last time, things were spiralling down almost beyond
reconciliation because of your song កន្ត្រែតដេកថ្ងូរ or
something like that !!!
Why you want to make me blush? just to serve your vanity ?!
Either I have to put up with your high ego or
your brain will spin again just like last time !!!
You had both, history and experiences to learn from !!!

Anonymous said...

Khmer girl,
Don't pretend to be innocent or at least don't be nonsense. You just want the School of Vice to expose his/her identity to the enemy.

You should reveal your photos, addresses, jobs etc, if you want to but stop asking our nationalists to fall into your trap by a cute name KHMER GIRL. Stop that.

Usa

Anonymous said...

Usa,

I am also a Khmer nationalist.
Read some of my posts.
School of Vice is a gentlman and a scholar.
He can take care himself, without anyone's help.
Thanks

Khmer Girl