A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Sunday 6 November 2011

You owe me an apology, Khmerization

Anonymous said...

Re: An advice from Hun Sen's advisor: Do we learn anything from our History?

Khmer culture of labeling

Labeling people is a practice known all along Cambodia recent history. Even before 1970, first they painted their political rivals as Red Khmers or Blue Khmers; and generally those painted politicians ended up as traitors and assassinated.

During the Khmer rouge regime, this practice became a very powerful killing machine. Soon after April 1975, the KR labeled every one, mostly “New People”, those deported from cities and towns, as CIA's agents, KGB agents or Yuon (Viet) agents. The next day after the labeling, they brought those to the killing fields. We can see all along of the three years and half of their reign, even amongst the Khmer rouge cadres, those who had different opinions from “Angkar” were labeled as this or that and ended their lives in Office S21 famously known as Tuol Sleng. Millions more ended their last days in many killing fields dotting all over the country.

Today, this culture of labeling is alive and well and is carried on even among supposedly educated Khmers overseas or in Cambodia. Every one who dares to express his freedom of speech runs the risk of getting labelled Yuon or “Hun Sen advisor”, as we can witness here in this blog. It is so sad that in our culture, freedom of conscience has no place. Freedom of speech is not recognized, let alone, being respected!

Here, I simply speak my mind against the idea of another possible endless war in my country Cambodia. You and I all know that wars bring destruction, lost of lives most of the times among innocent people. War ruins our economy and most importantly deprives children and younger generation from the right to education. There were no schools under Democratic Kampuchea as well as during the State of Kampuchea under Yuon occupation. Do we need all that again for Cambodia because you are not at the helm of the country?

I can be wrong in my opinion as Khmer with national conscience, without political affiliation, without any interests what so ever in any position associated with the power in Phnom Penh. I am just Khmer who care about my country and dare to speak my mind when I feel that is needed. YOU OWE ME APOLOGY KHMERIZATION!. No one has the monopoly of patriotism!
-------------------------------
Khmerization's reply: I have been informed that the writer of the above article is Prof. Pen Nguon, a Hun Sen advsior. If you are not Prof. Pen Nguon, then I unreservedly offer my apology. However, if you are Prof. Pen Nguon, then you owed me an apology for asking me to apologise.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I 100% agree with KHMERIZATION.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. It was not Prof. Pen Nguon.

Anonymous said...

A "well expressed opinion".
News writers were supposed to be unbiased, but in the case of Khmerization, it is becoming more of a "propaganda machine" for the ultra nationalists Khmers than it is a news media.

Here is a question for you Khmerization and all those ultra nationalists Khmers. If you were brought up in a poor family, with limited resources i.e. your father is poor and uneducated, mother is sick, living in thatched roof hut in the open field in Cambodia, would you expect your situation to change by kicking out your father from his position of headship? I would rather prefer if each one of those of his children would take the initiative by going out and get a job and support the whole family rather than laying the finger of blame, after all that father is only human. What benefits would it bring to the family if each of the children were quarreling and fighting among themselves? If I was you, I would pick up the shovels and my pruning hooks and my work implements and started working on my field or farm or whatever. I think it is quite futile if all of you continued to keep on bickering and fighting over who is a better head rather than taking the action to solve your poverty. All that I know, is that disunity in the family, will result in a worser poverty than it starts off with.

I had to tell you that my family head hasn't always be the best or exemplary, but that didn't prevent me to take the action to support them by working my butts off and bringing change to their lives. "Don't try to change them; change yourself first".

If you want your country be prosperous, how prosperous are you? If your want your country to be strong, how strong are you? If your want your country to be educated, how educated are you? and if you want your country to be pure and uncorrupted, how pure and uncorrupted are you?

"The country is only strong and resilient as the very people who made it up". If the the general people who made up the country had all of those "undesirable qualities" then it reflects in the whole image of the nation as well; not just those who ruled it. So stop playing the blame game and start by being successful yourself.

Anonymous said...

well put!

However, Cambodia can never be like Thailand or Viet or Singapore or any South East Asian because Khmers are stupid and uneducated. The educated would suppressed the unducated and keep them where they are...the rich or the educated are unwilling to give any opportunities to the poor. This happen to all Khmers just about every 30 or 40 years period.

Good luck with that...you have good intention though...but it doesn't count. Action does...

I was an orphan all my life and this is the result of the stupid Sihanouk and his families.

I hate Khmers.....

Anonymous said...

well put!

However, Cambodia can never be like Thailand or Viet or Singapore or any South East Asian countries because Khmers are stupid and uneducated. The educated class would suppressed the unducated and keep them where they are...the rich or the educated are unwilling to give any opportunities to the poor. This happen to all Khmers every 30 or 40 years period.

Good luck with that...you have good intention, though...but good intention doesn't count. Action does...


I was an orphan all my life and this is the result of the stupid Sihanouk and his families and upper and the educated class.

Anonymous said...

most khmer are too stupid!! they are unsuccessful then they blame the well off khmer. the only thing that i blame khmer is the one that lose land. who took our land, who kill our people, who deprived of our treaures,etc.. is to blame. and yet why do khmer always blaming and killing ourself? why? why? i even did not blame pol pot even tho kr kill most of my family. because i know his intentions to save srok khmer from invader cus of too many bad apples.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I must agree that Khmerization/KI-Media has become more a place where disgruntle politician came to complain. It was better in offering relevant news and common understanding of what going on in Cambodia. But now it is all personal opinion that most often contradictory to news. Guys as much as I disagree with Phnom Penh and the future of my motherland, at least you should stay on course on your goal and objective in providing unbiased and management and effective dissemination of simultaneous what going in Cambodia, without the useless personal opinion that often I consider nuances.

Anonymous said...

Khmerization had hit the nerve of this writer, that's why he is so pissed off. My hat off to Khmerization.

Khmerization said...

Dear Readers,

People should be mindful that Khmerization is a personal blog, not a for-profit news organisation, so from times to times you will see some personal opinions being expressed in here. My purpose for adding my humble opinions or opinions of some readers is to generate debates, nothing else. I know that by expressing my opinions or publishing some readers' opinions will irk some readers, but I did not expect that it is going to be too controversial like this. So, I should suspend posting readers' opinions here for the time being until the heat has cooled down.

Anonymous said...

If you decide to participate in this discussion (on a personal's blog). I don't think the Bloggers or the Blog's owner need to apologize to anyone.

As far as I am concern, No apology is needed from Khmerization because this is a personal blog. As an individual you decide if you want to participate in the discussion or not. If you do, don't mind if other people criticize your comments or your opinion of what is the hell going on in Srok Khmer.

criticize me all you want and I don't give a shit or a fuck about. What are you going to do? punch me....come on down to my home...if you dear....

Bridgewater, MASS, USA 02324

Anonymous said...

Khmerization,

There is a saying in the 21th century hybrid threat, regular and irregular threat in full spectrum operations (FSOs), that effective dissemination of information is winning the heart and mind of the people. Understand one’s operating common picture (COP) and one’s O I&E in order to grasp one’s core meaning of the battle or fight or struggle and or issues. Human dimension and human to human relationship are core value on winning heart and mind of your fellow Cambodian men. I have no qualm with anyone of my fellow Khmer men regardless of his or her political affiliations.

Yes, Khmerization is personal blog and he or she is 100% entitlement to his or her style of management. However, let me tell you this. Globalization is a bitch my friend. Do as not what I do; but do as what I say. That is why so much uselessness on debate and opinion on here. Action speaks louder than words.

Anonymous said...

12:03 AM, your comment is very true. People come here expecting to criticize other commenters, and therefore they must be expected to be criticized. As far as I am concerned, Khmerization did not do anything wrong to have to apologize to the writer of the above article. He just added a simple title to the article. I have come into this blog expected to criticize other commenters and I am more than willing to accept their criticism, as long as it does not involve profanity and vulgarism. So, likewise, I don't think Khmerization needs to apologize.

Anonymous said...

We are looking for another perfection or self destruction.
The freedom of speaking without thinking is like the freedom of kicking off on the air.

Anonymous said...

I do agree that politicians like to dig dirt out of each other in order to gain seat in government. It does not matter wether in Cambodia or the US, politicians will be always politicians...embracing and breeding hatred.

The word "my" used in here is not appropriate. For example, "my country..." oh really??? Another separate word, please refrain yourself from using the word "my country...instead use our country..."

LoveKhmer