A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Sunday 30 October 2011

Golden Memories . . .


"Somleing Guitar" (Sound of Guitar) 1972


 Vocals by the late Ros Serei Sothea? I'm not too sure; well, not on this one!



Vijjara Dany - Screen Siren of pre-war Khmer Cinema with a smile and charm to capture a million hearts, mine among them!

(School of Vice - with apologies to Khmerization! )
----------------

"Doung Preah Chantrea"

by 

Sinn Sisamouth and Ros Serey Sothea

(Dedicated to the incurable Romantic in all of us!)

"Pngeur bomnong ler chan" - by Houy Meas 

Thanks to our readers for their kind clarifications. And I always thought Ms Houy Meas came to fame slightly after Ms Ros Serei Sothea! I often wonder if I have to choose between the voice of these two female artists which one would have to be my choice? Fortunately, it's just a silly question on my part! While Ms Ros remains the undisputed Queen of Khmer popular music of her generation, the honey-sweet, seductive (very seductive!) vocals of Ms Houy Meas will always win over the romantic in . . . well, many listeners!   
So here it is. Enjoy! (School of Voice!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure it was hers! A unique voice which soothed my soul after my late teenage years. Before that I would say no one can beat Ms. Huy Meas voice who I knew not just singing but talking, conversing and voice acting in "Neati Pheak Khlass Ney Roeung Praw Laom Lok Praw Chamm Sabbadah". Now looking back I love all of past Khmer singers equally,male and female even Meas Hok Seng whom I thought was just a big whiner at the time!
No one knew all of them even the big pretender like myself! I wish I knew Seum Tooch,Kung Phano,Duch Kim Hak',Eung Nary,Dara Chaom Chantr,Peuv Vannary and the rest but the damn war was coming too soon.
Oh did I say I love them equally? May be I just lied! Because Mr Sin Sisamuth is always closest to my hearth than any body else and please don't blame him!

Khmerization said...

School of Vice,

No need for an apology. You've done a great job. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I think the "samleng guitar" song is a voice of Ros Serey Sothea. It is very mesmerizing.