An evidence marker sits next to electrical equipment in Takeo province on Saturday where three people perished after being electrocuted. National Police
Man, two children die in Takeo welding accident
Mon, 20 June 2016 ppp
A man and his two children were electrocuted in a welding accident in Takeo province’s Donkeo town on Saturday, according to local police.
Siv Samet, deputy police chief of Donkeo town, said Pich Sopheap, 40, was welding a metal door at the family’s home in Baray commune’s Duon Perng village when the incident occurred.
Samet said it was unclear whether the man’s daughter, 13, and son, 11, were helping their father work as there were no witnesses to the accident, which was reported to the Baray commune police station by neighbours, who told police they had seen the children playing nearby.
The children’s mother was at work at a nearby garment factory at the time, Samet said, explaining that the family was building their own home and Sopheap, who worked as a welder, had decided to make and install the windows and doors himself.
“The three victims died of electric shock,” Samet said, adding that district authorities had examined their bodies.
“The people living nearby, including the authorities, did not witness the incident.”