A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Monday 12 January 2015

[Australian] Engineering student has designs on Cambodia

Talia Rose samples the local cuisine in Cambodia this week
Talia Rose in Cambodia this week
12 January 2015
The University of Queensland

Second-year university student Talia Rose is kicking off 2015 at the Engineers Without Borders Design Summit in Cambodia.
Ms Rose, a University of Queensland Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science student, said the summit was designed to highlight the role engineering and technology played in creating positive change in communities.
“I look forward to gaining insight into the humanitarian issues that drive the work of Engineers Without Borders,” she said.
“I want to see what motivates the passionate people who strive to improve community engagement and deliver solutions.
“This trip will be truly be amazing and will inspire me to find my particular passions in the engineering field,” she said.
Ms Rose moved to Brisbane from Grafton last year to begin her studies.
“The 2015 Design Summit selection process was open to all university-level students across Australia, so I was extremely surprised and very excited when I was selected to participate – having only just finished my first year of engineering,” she said.

The Design Summit runs from 10-24 January.
Ms Rose is a member of the Engineers Without Borders UQ Charter – one of  more than 200 UQ student clubs and societies that offer  opportunities to participate in a range of activities.
“Being involved in extra-curricular activities at university has allowed me to develop a network of like-minded individuals who share my interests, values and passions,” Ms Rose said.
“This network has been invaluable, particularly in helping me adjust during my first year of study at UQ.”
UQ Advantage Grant will help with the costs of the Cambodian trip.
Media: Brittany Macdougall, +61 7 3346 0655, b.macdougall@uq.edu.au.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you are eating. It is my favor stick rice, bean and coconut wrapped with baby bamboo. Mmmmm, Yummy.