A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Saturday 8 January 2011

Sourn Serey Ratha dismissed Hun Sen's offer of a position within the Cambodian government


By Khmerization

Mr. Sourn Serey Ratha, chairman of Cambodian Action Committee for Justice and Equality (CACJE), who is a fierce critic of Mr. Hun Sen and the Vietnamese occupation of Cambodia, has issued a statement of denial after Ki-Media published a letter purported to be from Mr. Hun Sen's advisor, Mr. Ho Sithy, advising Mr. Sourn Serey Ratha of an offer by Prime Minister Hun Sen to appoint him as his personal advisor within the Anti-Corruption Unit.

Mr. Sourn Serey Ratha's statement came after Khmerization contacted him to confirm or deny whether the offer was genuine. Here is my translation of his statement:

"Dear KI Online and Khmerization Online,

Subject: Letter from Mr. Ho Sithy, Chief of Cabinet of Prime Minister Hun Sen

I wish to thank Khmerization Online for sending an email to seek a clarification from me regarding the above letter.

I, Sourn Serey Ratha, president of CACJE and leader of the Khmer People Power Movement, would like to confirm that:

First, neither me personally nor my colleagues have ever received this letter, (I saw it) when I received an email from Khmerization Online to ask for a clarification of today's publication by KI Online.

Secondly, after examining the (Khmer) font used to write the letter, I and my colleagues from the IT team presumed that the letter is fake, written by a group of persons or individuals who have a bad intention to destroy the Khmer People Power Movement that was formed by myself and that has just carried out its activities inside the country. And this is the dirty trick of the Vietnamese puppets and the communists.

I will not provide a long explanation to this fabricated letter, but I, Sourn Serey Ratha, will leave the Cambodian people to evaluate (judge) my patriotic stance and my ideals toward the nation, the motherland and the people.

Thank you and please accept the assurances of my highest considerations.

Signed: Sourn Serey Ratha".

No comments: