A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Monday 16 August 2010

Van Piny's confession: Hor Nam Hong is a member of the K-17 Boeung Trabek bureau committee

Click on Van Piny's confession/statement in Khmer to zoom in


(Translated from Khmer by Socheata)

Answers provided by Van Piny (aka Tith), cadre of the K-17 bureau, front department

A history of the activities led by Van Piny (aka Tith) by himself

Dated 16 February 1978

“I am reporting to Angkar [the KR organization] about my betrayal history.

My name in Van Piny (aka Tith), a cadre of the K-17 bureau, front department, my wife name is Kuon Vattana (aka Chan). I was born in the village of Snay Pul, Snay Pul commune, Pea Raing district, Prey Veng province. I am 37-year-old, my father name is Van Bun Than, he was a district governor, he died at the beginning of 1974. My mother name is Ros Bopha, she lived in Phnom Penh until the liberation. Her current whereabout is unknown. I have 9 siblings:

(names of siblings, their spouses, their professions, where they live)

When I was young, I studied at the Snay Pul elementary school, in Pea Raing district, then at the Kanh-chreach district elementary school, and finally at the Pey Veng province elementary school until I passed my elementary exit exam in 1955. In 1955-1956, I came to study at the Sisovath high school in Phnom Penh until I passed my high school exit exam in 1961.

In 1961, I started my law school study in Phnom Penh.

At the end of 1962, [I studied under] two French professors, Roblo and Court, and a Cambodian professor, Sarin Chhak, who at the time was the secretary of the ministry of Foreign Affairs and he was studying at the law school also. They educated me [and advised me] to join the French SDECE organization [French intelligence agency]. This education started to make me love France, from its culture, its literature and even the education and livelihood of the French; the working methods in France made me want to continue my education in France as well [after] the two French professors vouched for me. After I loved France for this field, the education [they provided me] led me to support the French policy and the influence of France in Cambodia, as well as the necessity for the relationships with France, …

(2 more pages of biography, then Van Piny went on to implicate a large number of people whom he provided their positions at the time, the following is what he said about Hor Nam Hong and a few others)

93- Chau Seng: the vice-chairman of the K-17 bureau committee until the beginning of November – current whereabout unknown.
94- Hor Nam Hong: A member of the K-17 Boeung Trabek bureau committee
95- Chea San: A member of the K-17 Boeung Trabek bureau committee
96- Ieng Kounsaky: A member of the K-17 Boeung Trabek bureau committee

….

17 February 1978
V. Piny
Van Piny (thumbprint)
----------
KI-Media note: Who’s who on Van Piny’s list
  1. Van Piny: Along with Chau Seng, he was made chairman of the K-17 (Boeung Trabek) detention center until he was arrested and replaced by Hor Nam Hong.
  2. Chau Seng: A former minister under Sihanouk regime, he was booted out by Sihanouk for his leftist leaning position. He joined the Khmer Rouge and returned back to Cambodia after the KR victory. He was made chairman of the K-17 (Boeung Trabek) detention center until he was arrested and killed at Tuol Sleng.
  3. Chea San: A former high-ranking official in Sihanouk regime, he later joined Sihanouk and the KR as the GRUNK Minister of Justice. He was killed at Tuol Sleng.
  4. Sarin Chhak: A former diplomat in Sihanouk regime, he later joined Sihanouk and the KR as the GRUNK Minister of Foreign Affairs. Under Sihanouk, he completed his PhD in France where he provided a detail history and account of Cambodia’s borders with Vietnam, Thailand and Laos. Hon Thong Hoeung later recounted that he and his wife were jailed in Boeung Trabek detention center. He disappeared after he was captured by the invading Vietnamese army.
  5. Ieng Kounsaky: a former diplomat under Sihanouk regime, he joined the KR and was sent to the Boeung Trabek detention center. Along with his wife, Mrs. Keo Bunthouk, they gave a scathing testimony against Hor Nam Hong

No comments: