A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Thursday 10 September 2009

A message from Mu Sochua


Dear friends,

On this very long journey that we have embarked together, we have one single goal: see that our people and our nation are governed by the right leaders and that we are all equal in reconstructing our nation.

We are in one boat, the same boat. We have a goal and it is reacheable. We have the full potentials to bring that boat to safe shores.

But the boat will not arrive to safe shores till we learn to trust each other and to give each the full support.

And in addition to the trust and support, we need and we must respect each other. Each one of us has his/her own style and we need to acknowledge that.

Let us stay focused and let us take the boat to safe shores and we will all be able to say that we have done something for our nation and that we have fulfilled our duty.

I see too much negative comments and sometimes these comments point at ourselves. Why are we so negative?

Personal feelings and comments are expressed, no problem with that but we need to think more than once before we make these comments.

Today at the hearing I will fulfill my duty as a Khmer woman and as an elected representative of the people. I will ldo my very best and if I fail to make the point or omit a point, I can only say to you: please give constructive feedback.

I give full respect to our brothers and sisters who have fought with so much courage and determination on the issue of sovereignity, Kampuchea Krom and illegal immigration. We are in the same boat.


Today, other witnesses will take the stand and they will do their very best. Please give them the same respect and trust and support.

My points will be part of other witnesses' testimony as we have agreed and we have been asked to coordinate the points.

The Commission is about human rights and rule of law and not about anything else. If we don't think clearly about the mission of the commission that we will serve ourselves no gains.

For other issues that we wish to raise, there are other commissions.

I am taking the time to respond to this exchange of messages that is generated by the comments made public and the assumption made about me(and it is regrettable) because I want us to focus and to stay focused.

As I said to Serey Rata: the government of Cambodia is very pleased to see these types of public comments. let's be smarter than this.

Having said this, I pray from the bottom of my heart that the hearing today will lead to some action.

I am in Washington D.C. not because I want to have a good time. I want nothing more than going home and being with the people but work must be done here, at this moment.

I am a million times grateful to all our compatriiots in the USA and around the world for their love of the country, for their pride and for their support given to us who fight inside. We must unite around the same issues. I think when time is spent on being negative, then time is wasted.

I will face jail and I have no reason to play around this issue but to defend what millions of our people can not do: getting justice.

May we reach safe shores.

In solidarity,

Mu Sochua, MP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know you meant well but hun sen also meant well. but the bad part is that he is too one sided to the yuon. how do we learn to balance 2 extreme paths without being too late to control depopulation of khmers.???as you know, yuon cronies stretched way back at thailand borders. they are everywhere in srok khmer.. it is ok for the yuon to come but we need to control it peacefully. i want to express more but no times.

Anonymous said...

don't accept money from US and stirring our own country so our own country will go back ward we should know when we going to fight and when we need to united don't just attach with blind eyes because of personal hatred we all known that when our country moving too fast,It's will effect some body badly and we all shall known that democrat in the west are different to the democrat in the east and we need more time to get full democrat