A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Wednesday 25 February 2009

Khmer Surin organised a student exchange program with students in Cambodia

Below are exchanges between Mr. Nov Try, a Khmer who donated the money to help Mr. Chey Mongkol, a Khmer Surin who is trying to teach Khmer Surin children Khmer language. My hat off to Mr. Nov Try for his generosity to help our Khmer Surin brothers and sisters. Please have a read.
--------------------
Dear Lok Nov Try,
The donation has successfully completed. I apologize for being quiet because I have been busying with Bon Pkar Samakki from Sren (Surin) to Kampong Cham. I was back to Sren on Sunday and I have found your email informing about the donation.
We have also made achievement but we also face with resistance. This is not easy piece though. Most people are misled to think that they are not Khmer.
Our work has just begun, and it takes time to make some real achievement. We have push the Khmer language through local politicians and then again take time. You know the nature of politicians, do you? It is the same anywhere.
By the way, we have 35 fine students that can read and write Khmer perfectly well. I will take them to Kampong Cham for 4 days to join the Summer School for Kon Nen. We hope always that we will be closer than ever.
Thank you for donations and please continue your support for the Khmer Literacy Project in Sren (Surin). Without Khmer people's support, we don't go anywhere. These days I have to do some extra works and that surely takes me away from Sren at least two or three days a week. I want to devote my time for the project but in the other hand I have to find way to make the project going.
Yours sincerely,
Chey MongKol
khmersurin@gmail.com

------------------
Dear Krou Mongkol !

Thank you very very much for this devotion. You are surely one of my heroes. I know sometime you may feel like walking in the desert without seeing the end but we, Cambodians in the world, will back you and support you. Khmer Leu (Surin), Khmer Kandal and Khmer Krom are all Khmer.

I like your idea of summer school student exchange. If we could do that more often we will get along and closer then ever.

I'm so exited and joyful of your actions that I have to Copy this conversation to all my dear compatriots in the world.

Respectfully,

Nov

No comments: