A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Wednesday 13 August 2008

A former advisor to the resistance movement called Ranariddh "the dog"

As one who was responsible for enticing Ranariddh from his French retreat to
lead the Khmer forces on the border I deeply regret that action. He has
REPEATEDLY betrayed everybody and everything that could have saved the Khmer
from the evils of Hun Sen.

He is not a stray dog or even a paranoid dog, he is 100% mongrel dog who is
largely responsible for the tragedy that is Cambodia today.I cannot forgive
myself for putting him forward.
Colin Pratt

4 comments:

My Community Networking said...

Khmerization;
The person who wrote this article sound like a fair dinkum Aussie.

Khmerization said...

He is an Aussie who knew Sihanouk very well since the 1960s and acted as his advisor along with Julio Jeldres during the Resistance Movement in the 1980s.

Anonymous said...

With reference to the anonymous comment posted on 14 August 2008 stating that both Mr Colin Pratt and myself acted as Prince Ranariddh's advisors, I would like to point out as follows:

1) I was never Prince Ranariddh's advisor. He never listened to any advice. I only helped in the information section of his office in Bangkok. Later on, because of the many problems I encountered working with Prince Ranariddh, His Majesty the King Father asked me to move to work with him as his Private Secretary in Peking;

2) Mr Colin Pratt was never an advisor to Prince Ranariddh either but he was a strong promoter of the Prince as a leader of FUNCINPEC
and like myself supported the resistance against Vietnamese occupation of Cambodia.

3) It does not serve any purpose nor does it help to increase the understanding of recent Cambodian contemporary history, to make assertions in this columns that are not based on facts.

Ambassador Julio A. Jeldres
Melbourne 14 August 2008

My Community Networking said...

Khmerization:
It is a coplete surprise and honor to see Ambassador Julio A. Aldres' comment in your bog.

"He never listened to any advice".

That echoed the unoffical comments I have hear from mnay of his subordinates: Cmabodian-Canadian and Cambodian-Australian members of FUNCIPEC, and his former head of body guard unit - the late Mr. Thach Soung who past away in Sydney.

I do agree with Ambassador Julio, that comment[s] without facts does not serve any purpose nor does it help to increase the understanding of recent Cambodian contemporary history.

However, I do understand that it is hard to stop people to voice their concerns or opinions that is not in line with ideology of party they are supporting where tends to shadow and fade the Reality.