A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Thursday 6 December 2012

Corruption: It's Easier Than You Think

(AP Illustration/Shazna Nessa)

WASHINGTON — When I lived in Cambodia, I got into a lot of fights. I’d protest the fruit seller who was overcharging me for mangoes because I was American. I’d wave my hands at the police officer who fined me for driving on the correct side of the road. I’d get angry with doctors at the “free” clinic for charging poor patients for drugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job you should fight the corruption don't let your Cambodians boyfriend talk you out of that.If you don't fight and go along with the corruptors you're corrupted as well,you're quilty as the one over charge you.

Khmerican

Anonymous said...

Kate, your boyfriend has lived under corruption all his life so it becomes normal for him now and he has grown to accept it as the norm. In a corrupt society like Cambodia, where corruption is systematic, the more you fight the more your lose.

I admire your courage for fighting against such an injustice and corruption. You came from a clean society so you can't accept corruption. My hat off to you.