A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Cambodia PM defends Asean tirade [Another outburst from Hun Sen?]

Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen (C) speaks during a retreat session of the 20th summit of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Phnom Penh on April 4. Hun Sen on Monday defended his outburst to the media during a regional summit last week in Phnom Penh, saying his critics treat him "like a child".

Published: 10/04/2012
Writer: AFP News agency

Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen on Monday defended his outburst to the media during a regional summit last week in Phnom Penh, saying his critics treat him "like a child".

Hun Sen railed against domestic opponents and "stupid" analysts who misread his country's close ties with regional power China at a news conference following a meeting of leaders of the Association for Southeast Asian Nations.

The tirade stunned international media, with a reporter for the Wall Street Journal later writing that Asia's longest-serving premier "seemed to forget" he was speaking as current Asean chair.

"You talk about me like I'm a child," Hun Sen said in a speech broadcast on national radio on Monday, following criticism of his performance, adding that he had vented his anger because he had held his tongue for long enough.

"I exercised maximum patience, waiting for the Asean summit to be over so that I could respond," he said.

"But they say Asean is not a place to criticise others. Oh, so when I became prime minister, they took away my right to talk? When I became the Asean chairman, I lost my right to speak out? Excuse me!" he said, with his customary flair for drama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so when I became prime minister, they took away my right to talk? When I became the Asean chairman, I lost my right to speak out? Excuse me!"

AH CHKAE. You have no right in your own country?? Go back to Vietname.

Under 32 years of ruling under your government, you have no right as a PM?

Resign your post and give the job to a real Khmer nationlist! Stop trying to kill opposition party and stop trying to send them to jail.

Stupid blind child. Go back to Vietname!