A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Sunday 11 December 2011

Exploring the Musical Culture of Cambodia


Madison is on the left, playing the accordion. Madison is on the left, playing the accordion.

Sunday, 11 December 2011
Prescott News, Arizona
Written by Madisen Changoose

Traveling to Cambodia will provide students with the opportunity to learn more about the culture.

Music has always been an important aspect in my life. I experience music and its many forms on a regular basis and have come to find the comfort it brings as a therapeutic outlet in our busy and restless world. When I need to write a paper, or focus on school work, I put in my headphones and silence the world and its many distractions. When I seek a creative outlet I will often strum simple chords on the guitar, or conjure up strange melodies on my accordion or piano. When I hang out with friends, we often head to a show, to not only appreciate the music, but find comfort in the safe and positive community that music brings. To me, music is much more than keys and chords. It is a presence that has guided me as I’ve grown up, and it has helped drastically in defining the person I am today.

No comments: