A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Monday 7 June 2010

Khmerization website blocked by ICT of Thailand

By Khmerization

Today, I have just been informed by a reader in Thailand that "Khmerization blog" has been ordered blocked by the Thai government. Khmerbotra, a Cambodian student in Thailand and a fellow blogger, wrote this in an email to me: "Dear Sir, Your blog has been blocked by ICT of Thailand so the visitors can't visit your blog."

It is not a surprise to me as a lot of other blogs critical of the Thai king and the Thai monarchy, such as Sacrava Cartoon blog and Reahu.net, have also been blocked. However, it is disappointing that such a country that prides itself as the Land of Smiles and called itself one of the freest countries in the Southeast Asian region should engage in a censorship in free speech and trying to impede freedom of expression.

I have predicted that the Thai government will one day block "Khmerization blog" as it publishes many critical articles of the Thai king and the Thai monarchy. On 31st January 2009, upon hearing that Sacrava and Reahu.net had been blocked in Thailand, I made a prediction in Details Are Sketchy that it might be a matter of time before Khmerization blog will be blocked in Thailand. My comment reads: "This is censorship of information and restriction on the freedom of speech. If these two sites are banned, then Ki-Media and my blog, Khmerization, will be next."

The Thai attempt will not succeed in silencing me as many of Khmerization's articles had been republished in many blogs throughout the world. The Thai attempt to silence me only reflects bad on the true nature of the Thai mindset and the institution of the Thai monarchy which do not tolerate criticism. The Thai lese majeste law, which jailed many foreign and local critics of the Thai king and Thai monarchy, has really done a disservice to the Thai king and monarchy rather than serving the good of the country.

Khmerization is proud to be taken seriously by the Thai king and the Thai government. Korb Khun Krab, Thailand. Thankyou, Thailand.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

As many critics of the Thai king and Thai monarchy have been jailed, I'm too not surprised that Khmerization website will be blocked one day in Thailand. Khmerization published and wrote many critical articles and strongly attacked the Thai king and Thai monarchy. I believe that the Thai action will only reinforce the believe that the Thai monarchy is an absolute monarchy rather than a constitutional monarchy. The Thai king is a human being like everyone else, therefore he should be open to criticism like everyone else and not get a special treatment.

Anonymous said...

Well said! Love khmerization!

Anonymous said...

why bother to say "korb khun krab" to these less than scumb siems.

Anonymous said...

Khmerization is the best at publishes news that criticise thia mornach infect you only publish the true. nothing wrong with that.both thum up!

Khmerization said...

Dear readers,
Thank you all for your supports. I've got messages of supports via email as well. I would like to share with you one email from a Thai citizen, Lok Kru Chey Mongkol who is a Khmer Surin. Here is his message to me:

"Dear Khmerization,

This is a critical stage of Thailand. By blocking your block, it doesn't help much. I do hope you can find way to make your block available for viewers in Thailand.

Thanks,

cmk"

And below is my reply to him:

"Dear Lok Kru Chey Mongkol,

Thanks for your encouragement. Thailand is the third largest source of visitors to Khmerization blog after the United States and Cambodia. Therefore, I will try my best to get some good articles about Thailand out to Thai readers by other means.

Khmerization".

Anonymous said...

To be honest Khmerization, no one in Thailand, apart from the ICT, gives a damn of what your saying about Thailand whatsoever. so stop trying too hard to be relevant. if you have so much time to waste, you could write about your Hunsen or smth. good luck blogging ;)

Anonymous said...

Dear khmerization,

I am from bangkok, I can read your blog and access to your blog very well.

I am totally support your blog. Alway read...

khmer student in Bangkok

Khmerization said...

3:19 AM, Thanks for the information. Could anyone in Thailand please confirm that "Khmerization blog" is still accessible from Thailand?

Anonymous said...

Khmerization, a job well done and just ignore comment by a Thai reader at 3:02 AM. If no one in Thailand gives a damn about your blog why did the ICT blocked it? And why Thailand is a third large source of visitors to your blog? Also if he didn't give a damn why 3:02 AM visited your blog and sounded so upset about it? He is upset because you exposed the bad side of his king.

Anonymous said...

I am 3:19 AM, Last nigh until now, i can visit your blog from my apartment behind my university in north bangkok. Since i read your blog article and reader comments. I did asked my thai friends to check your block. They said " it is blocked from their side ".

I have no idea about this.

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Khmerization! I think 3:02 AM might be a Khmer pretending to be a Thai. As Khmerization website is blocked by Thai authority, how can he pretend to visit Khmerization from Thailand. or if he is a Thai, he must give a very big damn to what Khmerization said, that's why he sound a bit upset here.

Anonymous said...

Answer to comment on 10:59 AM
This is my ISP: 110.164.162.121
Please talk about technical issue.

it works with this ISP.

just want to share with you.

Khmerization said...

Dear readers, My readers and my contacts in Thailand has just confirmed that "Khmerization blog" has been blocked in Thailand. However, one reader said that he still can access the website from Thailand. I said this is so because maybe all ISPs (internet service providers) have not been blocked by ICT of Thailand.