A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Monday 1 March 2010

KJE: I'm not Hun Sen's supporter, but gave credit where credit is due

In a recent lede to a post you characterize me as an ardent supporter of Hun Sen's leadership and policies. Although it is true that I posted a few articles that gave credit where credit is due, as all is not bad in Cambodia, my main thrust of my political comments was directed at the dismal failure of the leader of the SRP in formulating clear alternatives and programs, thus failing to contribute to a more rational approach of bringing about more rapid change in the development of Cambodia. That I am not alone with this opinion is demonstrated through comments by Ou Virak of the CCHR, among others. SR;s policies and tactics are counterproductive and will not improve the lives of those he purports to fight for. What has been missing, especially on your website, is a more realistic assessment of his role in Cambodian politics and more balanced reporting. If that view makes me an ardent supporter, so be it, but it would also be obvious that most of your radical, nationalist contributors, such as Khmerization, don't quite understand where I am coming from and don't comprehend the concepts of realpolitik.

Additionally, I replied to Alberto Rodas' comment as follows: "I do agree with your comment 100%. This post was not meant to romanticize life in rural Cambodia. As I said above it is limited in scope and not representative. It is a glimpse, nothing more, nothing less. That should be clear from the article itself."

In the spirit of objectivity I would be grateful if this email were posted on your site.

KJE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KJE's denial doesn't change the fact. His actions speak louder than his words. Every where he goes, whatever he writes, he is always attacking Sam Rainsy and praising Hun Sen's leadership and his policies. Just visit his blog and you will see what I am talking about. He is a slavish Hun Sen's supporter, pure and simple.

Anonymous said...

Sick and tired of Khmer against Khmer, SRP against CPP or vice vesa. Ultra Nationalist vs Moderate or the other way around.