A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Monday 16 November 2009

Statement by Sam Rainsy following the lifting of his parliamentary immunity

SILENCING THE SPOKESMAN AND ELIMINATING THE MESSENGER

My parliamentary immunity was lifted this morning. I feel sad and ashamed for my country's "National" Assembly. This assembly has very little national substance when it comes to defending the nation’s interest such as Cambodia's independence and territorial integrity, and to protecting the interest of the ordinary Khmer people such as poor and vulnerable farmers who are losing their vital rice fields and other farmland for internal or external reasons.

I am only a representative, a spokesman and a messenger for countless victims of abuses and injustices. I am only saying aloud that many things are going wrong in this country, that the current situation is just revolting and that Cambodia is heading for danger and other misfortunes.

In response to my warning and my cry for redress the ruling CPP has found nothing better than silencing the spokesman and eliminating the messenger.

By condemning me through the undemocratic and farcical lifting of my parliamentary immunity they have actually condemned their own country and their own people.

Sam Rainsy

Elected representative of the Cambodian people faithfully doing his duty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is wrong with our present government? don't they care that our land is stolen by the leeches yuon!!