A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Thursday 6 December 2007

Sam Rainsy: I will hold power fof one term only, if I cannot accomplish it, I will step down


Sam Rainsy: “I will hold power for one term only, if I cannot accomplish it, I will step down”
Wednesday, December 05, 2007


Everyday.com.kh


Translated from Khmer by Heng Soy



Opposition leader Sam Rainsy said that, if he were to be elected as prime minister during the upcoming 2008 election, he would maintain this position for one term only, and if he cannot accomplish (his duty), he would step down immediately. The opposition-leaning Sralanh Khmer newspaper quoted Sam Rainsy who said on Tuesday through the voice of the “Candle Light” radio station: “If I cannot accomplish (my duty as PM), I will step down by myself, there is no need to wait for 20-30 years.” Sam Rainsy said that if he were to hold power, he would reorganize the national budget to make it decent, and he will create decent jobs for the population, as well as sufficient and decent salaries for them. Sam Rainsy added that he will raise and provide decent salaries to government workers, police officers, soldiers, and teachers, but he did not elaborate on the amount of salary increase. He only said that with the elimination of corruption, (the government) can find enough funds to increase the salaries of government workers. With the approaching election season, each political party is starting to broadcast its political messages to the public from now on.

No comments: