A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Sunday 19 August 2012

Chek Mach’s granddaughter plans own production company


Give our kids a better deal
PHNOM PENH, 19 August 2012 (Cambodia Herald) - Sangsom Machlydeth, the 19 year-old granddaughter of Cambodia's greatest drama [Lakhorn Bassac] singer Chek Mach, says she's  planning to set up her own production company.

The winner of the Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts national singing contest and runner-up in a Bayon competition is now busy with her own television program and singing abroad.

"I'm planning my own production company to promote my grandmother's reputation," she said after a recent trip abroad. "Maybe I'll start running it at the end of 2012 but for the moment I don’t have enough money."

Sangsom Machlydeth said she planned to call the company Morodok Chek Mach (Chek Mach's Legacy).

The daughter of a soldier and a Royal Palace performer has four siblings who work in the entertainment industry.

"I used to sing at a restaurant at night but later decided to quit as no one would take me home," she said. "Now I'm   busy working with the Ministry of Fine Arts and recording for a local production company."

Sangsom Machlydeth said, however, that she still performs frequently on stage. "I sing old songs by Rous Sereysothea, Pen Ron, Houy Meas and others and I also sing some new songs written by Om Sereyvuthy and other composers," she said.

After being invited to perform in the United States,  Australia, France and Canada, the singer says she is now planning to tour Japan and other Asian countries.

She said she was still considering an engagement proposal from a Cambodian-Canadian man. "I don’t want to accept someone for my heart as I am still young and I want to gain more fame," she said.

No comments: