A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Friday 22 June 2012

Lonely general begs for family’s freedom [When they have a second chance they will kill you, general!]

Friday, 22 June 2012 
Buth Reaksmey Kongkea 
Phnom Penh Post
120622_04
Brigadier General Nuon Pak shows the wounds inflicted on his body by his wife and children in December last year. Photograph: Hong Menea/Phnom Penh Post
Nuon Pak is a lonely man these days – lonely enough that he’s fighting to reunite with the very family sent to jail for torturing him.

So far, it’s been a losing battle for the RCAF brigadier general, whose wife and three sons were convicted of detaining, beating and torturing him over the course of nearly two months late last year.

At their sentencing in March, the general, a military adviser at the Ministry of National Defence, begged for leniency and threatened to kill himself as his wife and sons were handed seven and eight year sentences by Phnom Penh Municipal Court.

Now he’s taking his plea to the Appeal Court.


“I have already withdrawn my criminal lawsuit against my beloved wife and sons ... But so far, the courts had not considered my request,” he said. “I am now feeling very lonely, very disappointed and hopeless with the courts’ decisions,” he added.

General Nuon Pak’s beloved wife, 42-year-old Ngin Chantrea Devi, and his three sons, Panh Sihana, 25, Panh Dararith, 23, and Panh An An, 20, were convicted of tying the general up in his own home and beating him with a variety of implements, including sticks and a meat cleaver, in a bid to force him to sell family property worth US$80,000 and turn over the proceeds.

Yesterday, he told the Post that while the charges against his family were true, it amounted to a family misunderstanding. He even blamed himself to a degree.

“I acknowledged that I also had a mistake in his case. Because as a husband and father, I had not fulfilled my duty well in making or providing money to support them,” he said.

However, Phnom Penh Municipal Court judge Seng Neang said that while a civil complaint can be extinguished by the plaintiff under the Cambodian Penal Code, the criminal charges cannot.

To contact the reporter on this story: Buth Reaksmey Kongkea at kongkea.buthreaksmey@phnompenhpost.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is happening here is beyond believe, a mother and sons gang up beating his own father and torturing him just because he didn't sale the property and give them their share.Its ridiculous of GREEDS...

A wife and the sons like that deserve to be putting away for a long time to clean up this kind of illbreed of Khmer's society.If i were the man(father) i will disowned all of them,and divorce the greedy's bitch,sold everythings skip town get me a new life,new love.

What is wrong with khmers society now ? Maybe they have been suppressed by Cpp too long can not distinguish between right or wrong anymore.
That is really sad,that a father still wants them back willing to withdraw the charges.

To the father don't trust these greedy people (sons +wife) next time they will kill you.You must careful Mister!!!!

Anonymous said...

Its similarity to the story about a man i knew lived abroad sending money to his relatives in Kampuchea in the 90,they lived at Battombong province,the brother lived abroad send money the sister and her bother hex her to death because the little money that she got from her brother lived abroad.

Story like this is scary to hear how savagery khmers society this day.Since then, brother abroad disowned another brother in Kampuchea never contact or sending anything to him.

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry for him now and then after the releasing of his family from prison. The evil bitch and devil son will kill him for pleasure, I am very sure for this maters! Just like I am here abroad, but my story little different. I married her in Cambodia and sponsored her to us and build good family, got two kids boy and girl, got nice house, car, money, good job and after ten years with her, I sponsored her parents and they come and live with us for five month time, things getting ugly, the bitch cheating on me with her co-worker and at the same time with a white boy and her parents knew all a long and encourage her take an exit out from me and choose one, she chose a white boy and divorce start 2003 but I want her to change and we united for two day 4 the sake of our kids 13 & 9 years and she not happy with me and my family, she got gone wild and take her life with pain kill in front of our kids, I help save her life and live until now so she can still continue court system which I do not want to. but have to, cause she want child support from me which I can not find job to support myself until now do to the depression, stress, emotional symptoms. The bitch rims me down to zero and continued ruined my life through court every 3-4 month for what I can not do. she got no mercy or moral for what I have done for her and parents. Oh! be for divorce I fond out that she stole $12000 and sent to her family in Cambodia which show on bank statements. stole $5000 buy her father a car, that when it got ugly of the divorce. she is selfish and ridiculous of greed. not only that she also want me kill when I go Cambodia by hired gangster, but I am luck still a live and here I am still battle for release of her and the court systems she got me in losing everything since 2003 to present. what will I do?, where can I go from here? but just go with the flow and waiting for time to decide. Or should I do some thing? please let me know. Oh yes! all of her brother and sister are now came over, because of my good deed by sponsored the bitch in the first place. Do you all agree? Please tell me how to fix this court battle field so I have peace in my mind and sole. I want to say: Treat others like you want to be treated and give them peace and prosperity and be friend with everyone no matter who they are where came from or whatever they are just treat them the same as your love one. Take care and thanks for reads my real life story. PEACE! to the world with love.