A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Saturday 23 June 2012

King Jayavarman VII: The real pain of a King is the pain of his subjects

Courtesy of Mr. Bora Touch 

ជ័យវរ័្មន​ VII :- "ទេហនាន្ទេហរោគោយ​ ​ន្មនោរោគោ រុជត្តរាម៑​ ​ រាឞ្ត្រទុះខំហិភត៌្ឫុណា​ ​ន្ទុះខន្ទុះខន្ទុនាត្មនះ "

"dehinām deha rogo yanmanorogo rujattarām rāṣṭra duḥkham hi bharṛrnān duḥkhan duḥkhan tu Nātmanaḥ"

King Jayavarman VII: "the bodily pain of the diseased became in Him (the King) a mental agony more tormenting than the former. For the real pain of a King is the pain of his subjects, not that his own (body)"

Wikipedia wrote:  One inscription tells us, "He suffered from the illnesses of his subjects more than from his own; the pain that affected men's bodies was for him a spiritual pain, and thus more piercing."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ស្រីវិរវរម្មធុហិតា ស្វសាស្រីភវវរម្មណហ
បតិវ្រតធម្ម្រាតា ទ្វិទិយារុណ្ធទិវា យ !!!

I got just a tiny idea of what it meant but never so sure. I
don't have a formidable knowledge
like you my elder brother (Bora),I'm just a shy girl !!!
Last year I put forward my intuitive idea that the european
musical instrument Piano was originated from Khmer
Angkor Pin. You asked me for some proofs ?? I just skipped
town !!!
How could a principal posed such a question to a
kindergartner !!!