A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Sunday 20 November 2011

Accidental Tourist: To rise above the bones


By Nick Piper
Timeslive.co.za,
South Africa
20 November, 2011 02:41

These days Cambodia's killing fields are haunted by curious tourists

Phnom Penh: The Wild West of Southeast Asia. The truth of this geographically-ambiguous term struck me like a speeding tuk-tuk as I strolled through the streets of Cambodia's capital early one morning.

The revelation came mainly because I was, in fact, struck by a tuk-tuk that day. The driver in question was drunk and after mounting the pavement and colliding with my legs, kindly offered his remaining whiskey as compensation for my injuries. I declined and hobbled on, in a hurry to get to my destination.© Nick Piper is a freelance writer from Cape Town

No comments: