A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Thursday 22 September 2011

US Army, Google and European academic should be Hun Sen government’s next targets


September 22, 2011

US ARMY, GOOGLE AND EUROPEAN ACADEMIC SHOULD BE HUN SEN GOVERNMENT’S NEXT TARGETS

I have been asked whether the reduction this week of my jail term from 10 years to 7 years makes any difference. The first sentence was handed down to me in 2010 by the Kangaroo Court in Phnom Penh as a result of a "criminal" lawsuit filed against me by the Hun Sen government in relation to my defense of Cambodia’s territory following a border incident in 2009.

My answer is, “No, it doesn't make any difference at all since the whole accusation against me is baseless and the trial itself a farce.”

The Hun Sen government accuses me of “forgery” (of a map I published on the Internet) and “disinformation” (related to calculations and comments I made from that map).

Logically the Hun Sen government should also prosecute the US Army since the map I published, had been produced by the Pentagon and posted on the Internet using Google a long time before I got involved in this issue. To see the map in question please click at
http://tinyurl.com/24qdq6c.

The Hun Sen government should also prosecute Professor Régis Caloz from the prestigious Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland) who has vindicated my conclusions related to the above-mentioned map. I have also posted Professor Régis Caloz's report at
http://tinyurl.com/4xer7of, which shows that I have not “produced” or “falsified” any map and that the conclusions I have reached on the issue of Cambodian farmers losing their rice fields because of border encroachment, are correct.

My politically-based prosecution is further elaborated in another statement dated May 10, 2011, “A laughable Kangaroo Court with illiterate judges obeying to a Stalinan government.”

At meetings organized by the Geneva-based Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), parliamentary colleagues from several countries from all continents often ask me this question, “In my country anybody who fights to defend our national territory would be regarded as a patriot or a hero; how come in Cambodia you are being prosecuted for doing that?”

Sam Rainsy
Elected Member of Parliament
New York City, USA

No comments: