A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Friday 5 August 2011

Stung Sangker and more ... by Auguste Pavie 1881

Here is the testament (photo) to the sacredness of the poetic Stung Sangker by Auguste Pavie in 1881. The photo was somewhere near Bakprea Prektrop. Look at the angel with the krama wrapped down through to her chest closely, a traditional fashion at the time.

Auguste Pavie, the barefoot explorer:


Phnom Penh circa the beginning of the 20th century when forced evictions where unknown (Auguste Pavie)
King Norodom (Auguste Pavie)
King Sisowath (Auguste Pavie)

For additional photos of French Indochina (including Cambodia), click here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometime I wish the Time goes back to the past..Its sad cuz the world spinning too fast right now...I wish everthing went back like in these picture...



Homesick,

Anonymous said...

2:55 AM, you think like me. I'm still young but I 'm fascinated by ancient things. I wish I could live like the scene of this picture, serene, quiet and peaceful.