A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Monday 16 May 2011

York Public School uniforms fit for Cambodia


Ciara Buckmaster, 6, of South Penrith, with the old uniforms.

16 May 2011
The Penrith Press, NSW, Australia
by CHRIS GEORGAKOPOULOS

YORK Public School students have put their old uniforms to use by sending them to underprivileged children in Cambodia.

The school changed its uniforms last year and parent Helena Buckmaster contacted the principal to ask what would happen with the old uniforms.

“My daughter Ciara had just finished kindergarten and I wondered where all the uniforms would go,” Mrs Buckmaster said.

“I asked the principal, if I could find a use for them, could I have them, and he said yes.

“So I contacted my amazing friend Margarita Parish,who is involved with Food4Everyone (PovertyAid4Cambodia). They do amazing work opening Cottages of Hope in Cambodia.

“She told me that children there literally have nothing, so it is the charity that provides them with a meal, first aid, books and clothes if they have them when they go to school.”

Mrs Buckmaster ended up with four boxes of uniforms, which will be taken to Cambodia soon.

“I’d like to thank school principal Mr Pettit for allowing us to have the uniforms,” she said.

“I think this is a great way to show the kids of the school that they are truly lucky they have schools, teachers and are unlike others around the world.

“My daughter fully understands, at only six, how fortunate she is to go to York Public School when she looks at the lives of the children in Cambodia.”

No comments: