A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Sunday 3 April 2011

[Russia's] Aeroflot To Have Direct Flight To Cambodia


Published by Ozgur Tore
Friday, 01 April 2011

With a growing demand from Russian tourists visiting Cambodia, Russian airlines Aeroflot will have direct flight to Cambodia sometime this year.

Tith Chantha, director general of Ministry of Tourism said that Cambodian government had discussed with Russian government and Airline Aeroflot on promoting tourism sector including the direct flight between Moscow and Phnom Penh. He said he had joined a Cambodian delegation to Russia last week, led by Thong Khon, minister of tourism during which a memorandum of understanding on tourism was inked and discussion on having direct flight between Moscow and Phnom Penh was exchanged.

Tith Chantha said Russian people are potential to many tourists ' destinations around the world these days and millions of them travel abroad for tourist purpose.To Egypt alone, he said, Russian tourists accounted at 2.5 million last year.According to statistic of ministry of tourism, there were 34, 170 Russian tourists visited Cambodia in 2010, an increase of 76 percent compared with 2009 which recorded at 19,395.

Tith Chantha said Cambodia hopes to see about 100,000 Russian tourists visiting Cambodia by the year end and the estimate number will be higher once the Aeroflot is on service.He added that Aeroflot is now in deep discussion with Cambodia' s Civil Aviation Authority on the matter.

Cambodia's rich in beautiful beaches, cultural sites like Angkor Wat temple along with attainment of full security, peace and stability of the country--is now attracting millions of foreign tourists every year.Aeroflot used to have direct flights between the nations' capitals in 1980s and early 1990 with twice flights per week.
Source: Bernama

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Aeroflot isn't using that unreliable Antonov aircrafts.

Anonymous said...

I hope government clean up all corrupted and crook's officials in Pochintong In't airport...Its embarrass to the world that khmer's officials kept taken bribe at the airport!

Anonymous said...

We all would like to see more foreigner people working at our Phnom Penh In't airport, this way help cleaning up all corruptions there...

Anonymous said...

What really scared me at Pochentong International Airport in 2008 was when I had to wait to get a visa. They took my passport and hold on it for at least 30 minutes. I thought they had lost it. They know I'm Khmer and it was my first time in Cambodia. I saw other people handing out $10 or $20and easily got their passport with visa stamp. Well, what choice do I have. I don't want to lose my passport. So, I pulled out $10, handed it to one of the passport officer with my name and... guess what, it worked. Now, why didn't I thought of that at first. I was $10 poorer that day but I feel safer for knowing that they didn't lose my passport.

It's sick and disgusting to see that these airport workers politely robbed me alive. This is how it is in Cambodia. Corruption is a common things. I blame this kind of B.S on Cambodian government for allowing such sleezy practices. The bad thing is, these officers only do that to Khmer from over seas.

Anonymous said...

9:40 AM,next time don't do that.Simply give the note with this kind of message " hey you bastard give my passport back at once or else I'll call my cousin samdech agak mha sehapadey and you will be sacked. I know your real name, you wear a fake name tag only you SB..."