A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Inspiration for Khmer Students abroad over the world

Click on text to enlarge.

Dear Ki-Media crews and Khmerization,

My name is Vichhay Khiev, a Junior year student at Lafayette College. I am a major in Mechanical Engineering and a minor in Mathematics. I am 21 years old. I attended "Santhor Mok High School" in Cambodia, but I left when I was in 10th grade. Since then I have been in the United States for almost 7 years. English is always my major obstacle; I did not learn English until I arrive to USA. I went directly to high school. Although, it was very difficult in those four terrible years, I managed to finish high school in the top 10% in the Prince George County, MD. Despite of my commitment fighting for success I receive a Full Scholarship to attend one of the prestige Colleges.

I am a big fan of Ki-media and Khmerization blog. I am really inspired by your work. I respect your commitment toward improving freedoms of our country. I am very motivated every time I read your blog posts about the achievements of hard working individuals.

Cambodian-Americans have a very large high school dropout rate and very low college graduation rate. This statistic is disturbing to me. That is the reason why I am writing this message to you. I also have some small achievements that I want to share with the world, and I hope these achievements can inspire some individuals to work harder.

I am wondering whether you can post my accomplishments on Ki-media.blogspot.com. My intention is to use my own accomplishments to inspire others.

I am a member of Posse scholarship foundation. Every year the foundation asks me to nominate 10 outstanding students who live in following states: California, Georgia, Massachusetts, Illinois, Maryland, Virginia, New York, Florida and Washington D.C. Student must be in 11th grade in order to qualify for this Scholarship. If anyone happens to know any outstanding Cambodian Students you can send me the information about those students. I will definitely nominate them for the scholarship competition. I am really wanted to help our Cambodian students to get a better education.

Link:
http://www.possefoundation.org/our-scholars/posse-photo-viewer/lafayette-posse-3-dc
I'm in the yellow shirt..


Thank You

Vichhay Khiev
Khmer Pride

Vichhay Khiev's achievements

1.Vichhay Khiev-Resume.pdf
2. Vichhay receiving scholarship
3. Becoming a Posse Finalist
4. Awarded a $100,000 scholarship
5. Certificate of Recognition

No comments: