A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Friday 15 October 2010

Police accused of torturing [alleged] serial kisser

Thursday, 14 October 2010
By May Titthara
Phnom Penh Post

The mother of a 21-year-old man has filed a complaint with rights group Adhoc accusing police in Kampong Cham province of beating her son at a Pchum Ben dance ceremony because he was kissing too many girls.

Mey Ravy, 21, a resident of Kang Meas district’s Angkor commune, said he was handcuffed by a group of up to seven police officers at the dance last Friday.

“I asked them why, but no one responded, and I was handcuffed and thrown against a bed,” he said.

“When I fell on the ground, one of them used his feet to press on my neck, and they rubbed a lit cigarette into my back.”

He said he was then sent to the police station, where his mother came and offered officials 100,000 riels (US$23) for his immediate release, saying that her son suffered from a bladder condition and that officers had exacerbated the symptoms.

“Those police officers later told me that according to a complaint from the event organisers, I was accused of kissing and looking at many girls during the dance, as well as beating my friends,” he said.

“But I did not do that. If I did, I would’ve been killed by those people and the police wouldn’t have had to beat me.”...read the full story in tomorrow’s Phnom Penh Post or see the updated story online from 3PM UTC/GMT +7 hours.

No comments: