A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Thursday 19 November 2009

Khmerization's response to Dr. Tith's unprovoked personal attack: Was it Necessary?

Dear Compatriots,

With all due respects, I read your article today and I am saddened by your blistering attack on Dr. Tith. Although, I may not agree with some of his positions or point of views at time, still, I do not see any point of such nastiness among ourselves. Your personal insult on Dr. Tith was rather harsh and un-called for at best. He is a Cambodian, one of the most successful and yet educated Khmers whom I had the experience to work with during the late 80s in lobbying United States to push for a UN Comprehensive Peace Settlement. He was one of the most effective spokespersons on Cambodian issue during the Sr. Bush's administration. His direct contact with Vice-President Quayle and senior US Senators and US Representatives played a significant role in moving the country's cause forward.

He had done his shared contribution to the cause of Cambodia, regardless of how minimal it might seem to you or any of us. Dr. Tith is still by far one of the exceptional Cambodians our country has ever produced. His personal achievement and international credentials speak for itself. How many Cambodians have gone as far as Dr. Tith? At this late stage in his life, he still provides us an opportunity to look at Cambodian issue from all perspectives, his, yours and mine. We do not have to agree with all of his analysis, but, can we be open minded to each other? especially, since we know that we all shared our nationalist values and aspiration for Cambodia's survival.

Let's be a little kinder and gentler to each other so we can unite in our little way to focus on saving Cambodia. A little tolerance would perhaps go along way, for the sake of Cambodia.


Sincerely,
Pretty Ma
----------------------------
Dear Pretty Ma,

Thanks for your kind reconciliatory tone and a very diplomatic letter. I agree with you that it is sad that I and Dr. Tith, who shared the same ideals about our country's problems, should get into a messy fight like this. However, you would have agreed with me that he was the one who started the fight by labelling me an "ultra-nationalist" in the first place. This is an unprovoked attack on my personal integrity from Dr. Tith, therefore my response was called for. I wish that this sort of personal bickering should never have happened in the first place.

With due respect,
Khmerization

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow two so called intelligent people fight each other like they own srok Khmer. But this is not my issues. Yuon encrouchment is an issue that need to be shoot at. You can call me an ultra nationalist anytime as long you don't call me yuon.

Anonymous said...

It is a fight that should have never happened. I don't know why Dr. Tith provoked the fight in the first place by labeling Khmerization as "ultra-nationalist". Dr. Tith should use other less sensitive word to describe him, not ultra-nationalist unless the person is really an extremist. I don't think Khmerization is that extreme to be labeled "ultra-nationalist".