A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Wednesday 8 July 2009

Lara's Cambodia sojourn

8 Jul 2009,
IST, NIMISHA TIWARI , TNN
Times of India

This tall, fit and sensuous actress is a keen traveller at
Lara Dutta
Lara Dutta
heart.


Lara Dutta recently went camping to Cambodia and came bach culture-struck with loads of pictures and plans to visit this locale again. She shared her moments exclusively with TOI.

Impulsive traveller, are you?

I generally am an impulsive traveller. However, I’ve been wanting to visit Cambodia for a long time. Since this time, I had only a limited number of days to see what I wanted, I planned this trip well in advance. So, from airline bookings to the hotel stay with the tour plan, I had everything planned before I left Mumbai.

While travelling abroad, how do you keep up with your workout regime and take care of skin and hair?

I walk everywhere. In Cambodia, I would actually cycle to watch the sunrise. Climbing up and down the steep temples was good exercise. I always tie a bandana to reduce sun damage, load on water bottles and sunscreen and move around absolutely make-up free. I also make sure that I use a good cleanser and moisturiser before I go to bed at night, that’s my skin care regime.

Your first impression just as you soon as you stepped into Cambodia?

The weather was perfect – not too hot or dry. People there are from the nicest eastern culture natives I have ever interacted with. They’re simple, honest and hard working with great regard for tourists.
The most beautiful sights are the temples dating back to as late as the 9th century – a timeless wonder to behold. A sense of awe and smallness looking up starring at such incredible beauty is absolutely indescribable.

Places you loved there?

I loved the Angkor Temple, also the Bayon and Banteay Srei temples. Most beautiful sight was the Ta Prohm temple which was swallowed by the forest.

Are you a gadget enthusiast? Do you take pictures, download them yourself, and be in touch with friends constantly?

I armed myself with a Nikon D 50 digital camera as well as my Flip video recorder which I love because it allows me to shoot videos, download it on the laptop and e-mail it to friends instantly. Now, that’s the fun.

No comments: