A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Friday 2 January 2009

Mr. Kem Sokha was prevented from distributing donations to soldiers at Preah Vihear temple


Radio Free Asia
By Mom Sophon
1st January, 2009
Translated from Khmer by Khmerization

Mr. Kem Sokha (pictured), president of the Human Right Party, has told Radio Free Asia on the 1st of January, 2009 by accusing the military leadership in Preah Vihear of discrimination by not allowing him to distribute aid to the soldiers based in the areas.

Mr. Kem Sokha said that his aides went to ask permission before going there but was told by Gen. Srey Doek, commander of Intervention Force of division 12 based in Preah Vihear, that he cannot allow Mr. Kem Sokha to distribute aid in the Preah Vihear areas by using the pretext that he cannot guarantee the safety for Mr. Kem Sokha.

Mr. Kem Sokha said: “I really regret this because I am a Khmer too and that our Khmer army chose not to allow me to go there. I go there in my capacity as a member of parliament, on my legitimate mission, but the military leader of our army said that he cannot guarantee my safety for me to visit our soldiers. This shows that he is incompetent, even to guarantee the security of a member of parliament. And I went there not for political reasons. I went there in my capacity as a member of parliament and I got a permission from the president of the National Assembly.”

There is no reaction from Gen. Srey Doek to these allegations yet.

Mr. Kem Sokha said that, his aims of going there is to visit the Khmer villagers and soldiers based there and to bring donations from Khmers living in the United States who sent their donations through him.

He said that the donations include some medicines, balms and food, like canned fish, dried fish and condensed milk, plus $US5,000 in cash.

No comments: