A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Thursday 4 December 2008

Congratualation your initiative!

Recently, I received an email of congratulations from Mr. Sarom Hak, a freelance consultant from Phnom Penh for what I have been doing here in my blog. The message reads:

Dear Junior,
I very much appreciated to what you are doing and creating the website and questionnaires that can be reflected to our society, political...
My comment is one thing you have to remember "not biase to other side/party in Cambodia". In collecting ideas will be a fair process and open mind. That's it my comment.

Best Regards,
Sarom HAK
Freeland Consultant
Phnom Penh- Cambodia
H/P: 012 575 726
email: hsarom27@yahoo.com

First, I'd like to thank Mr. Sarom Hak for his sincere advice. Secondly, in order to avoid accusations of impartiality in my opinion, I must let everyone know that I am not a member of any Cambodian political parties.

My news have been very objective and fair to all the political parties in Cambodia. However, I must admit that some of my ideas, piece of opinions and editorials have been somewhat appeared to be critical of the ruling Cambodian People's Party (CPP) and sort of giving some favours to the opposition parties, not the Sam Rainsy in particular, but to the opposition parties in general. This is so because in any democratic countries, the ruling parties are in charge of the countries and therefore are responsible for all the shortcomings that have been happening in the countries that they ruled.

On the contrary, the opposition parties are acting as the checks and balances to monitor the government performances. Likewise, the media, of which this blog is part of, even though in the capacity as a freelance and as an amateur, have an obligations to monitor and report on the government performances. By saying this, without prejudices, I must admit that the present Cambodian government, led by the ruling CPP with Mr. Hun Sen as the PM, has not been performing very good. This is why all the criticisms are aimed at them.

Notwithstanding of my criticism of the ruling CPP, I have, at times, been in praises of this CPP-controlled government whenever they have done something worthy of a congratulation. I must admit that some times we, as the public, must be willing to say the truth and the ruling parties must be willing to accept the truth and acknowledge its own shortcomings. To rule with an iron fist and suppress opposing views and critical opinions is not healthy for democracy and, instead, will hinder the democratisation and progess of Cambodia.

Again, I'd like to thank Mr. Sarom Hak for his good advice and I will take his suggestions on board.


No comments: