A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Wednesday 12 November 2008

RIVER VIEWS... Visitors have their say

Written by Post Staff
Wednesday, 12 November 2008
Phnom Penh Post
2-River-Views12.jpgBilly and Collette Lowery Visiting from Ireland

We've come to Cambodia three years in a row for the Water Festival. There's a great atmosphere. There are so many different nationalities and everyone is mixing happily together. You can always tell if people are not from Phnom Penh because they stare at you a lot and try to touch your arms. ... There are a lot of people looking at us here today
3-River-Views-112.jpgCaroline Visiting from Germany

I don’t really know what the Water Festival is about, although I suppose it must be linked to the turn of the Tonle Sap. It’s a loud and crowded time to be in Phnom Penh but I can’t complain, with the boats and the colours and all the activity its very beautiful. There are so many young people and children in Cambodia. They are everywhere.
3-River-Views-211912.jpgZac Canadian, teaching in PPenh

I think all the tips I've received about Water Festival have been to get out of the city as fast as you can, but it's not as crowded as I thought it would be and I've never seen it before so... I like the attitude of the people here, I even enjoy the corruption of the police. I guess it's just the fact that's if the complete opposite of a boring life in Canada. There's so much freedom here.

No comments: