A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Saturday 9 February 2008

What Motivate Me to Continue this Blog?

Recently I got an email from a fellow blogger, Klaus Engelhardt, who presumably is a visitor to my site, who had a rather legitimate complaint about this blog, and felt that this blog is just repeating news from another blog. While not contented with the contents of the news in this blog, he had also lauded this blog. And that is what matters. This is what he had said in his email to me:

"Hi there from a fellow blogger,
You got a nice blog but, unfortunately it is only a repeat of KI-Media, almost exclusively. The Internet is without borders so the fact that you live in Australia is rather insignificant. There were a few others like you who just repeated the news posted on KI-Media but they closed their blogs for lack of interest. What's your motivation?
Rgds.
KJE"
While his criticism is legitimate what he said is not entirely true. Ki-media had given their support to this blog by listing this blog in their site. And this site, from time to time, had the privilege of using some of their works for its contents. But coincidentally both this blog and Ki-Media use the same news source and hence posted very similar news. And to set the record straight here is my email reply to Klaus:
"Dear Klaus, Thanks for your comments. This blog is not entirely copying from Ki-media. Ki-media and this blog happened to get news from the same source. Sometimes Ki-media posted the news before this blog. Somtimes this blog posted the news before Ki-media. This is not to say Ki-media didn't have their original news. Ki-media had done a wonderful job because it is staffed with wonderful people around the globe. And some of their works had been posted in this blog.On the other hand, this blog is staffed with a single person, me. When this blog was created in October 2007, my aim was to write my own piece of opinion and I have written a great deal of my original works. If you check the whole blog you will see. But lately I am very busy, I have no time to write my own original works so I started to blog news from international media outlets. But from time to time I still write some original works as well.My motivation for continuing my blog, and not to close it, is my readers and visitors. Every days my sitemeter recorded approximately 80-100 visitors. This is significant considering that this blog is just 4 months old. Thanks for your comment and visit to my blog. Have a nice weekend."
I hope that some suspecting visitors to this blog would now have a clear understanding of the reasons. Constructive criticisms such as the one from Klaus are welcomed and are good for corrective actions. So please feel free to criticise. Thank you for your comments, Klaus. Have a nice weekend to all of you.///

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

any changes coming ?